Most of the jewelry stores hold the same or maybe comparable designs of jewelry. However, in all likelihood you may find completely different pricing for them. So, it is important to look on the internet before you buy any diamond jewelry.
I have listed below few tips and considerations that should help you in taking right decision while purchasing diamond jewelry:
1) Price of diamond increases exponentially with carat weight. So, if you are looking for 1 carat stone, then it will be wiser to go for 0.9 to 0.96 carat diamond. This is because it will cost you much less without any perceivable size difference.
2) Diamond is more expensive if it’s weight is in the multiple of 0.5 (like 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 etc). Whereas, diamond that is slightly below these weights, such as a.98 carat or 1.46 carat is dramatically cheap and a better choice than its closest full or half carat stone. So, you can choose carat weight that is slightly less than half or full carat value, as the difference in size will be undetectable and you will be paying less. 求婚戒指
3) If diamond has inclusion that falls too close to its bottom then it will be reflected and mirrored all around it, making it look like it has more inclusions than really are. So, always check for inclusion and its location in diamonds.
4) Pay attention to clarity of stone if you are looking for higher carat weight diamond. This is because, as the size of stone increases, flaws and inclusions become easily visible.
5) Often, jewelers don’t inform about small flaws present in diamond. They put a prong over it or set it in a mounting that covers up these flaws (like in a Bezel Setting). Although, this is not a bad practice but the truth remains that they may not disclose the fact that there are additional flaws that are covered up or unseen. So, it’s always good to buy the diamonds loose and certified and then have them set in a mounting of your choice.
6) D – F is an ideal color grade but G – H is still considered colorless. I – K diamonds have very faint yellow tones that can be masked in a number of ways, like setting an I – K colored stone in a setting made of yellow gold will offset the yellow tones.
7) A brilliant round diamond hides color the best and is less likely to reveal a lower color grade in its corners because it has no corners. Also, lack of corners makes it a more robust and less likely to chip than the pointed tip of a pear-shaped or marquise diamond.
8) How much to spend? It is often said that as a rule of thumb, you should spend your 2 months’ salary while buying diamond engagement ring. But, remember that this was just a marketing strategy formulated by diamond cartels to get consumers spend as much money as possible. So, I will suggest spend according to your budget without thinking about these marketing gimmicks.
I hope above points should help in choosing right diamond at right price.
So, be informed and enjoy your diamond jewelry shopping!